Perfect gifts for mama after birth.
Photo of @taileybownsend by Hutch & Futch Photography
Most people bring gifts when they go see a new baby. And most people want to bring cute little clothes and toys. But to be honest, they probably already have loads of new baby items at this point. Want your gift to stand out from the rest? Get a gift for the new mama!
- Meal Train! Set this up right before baby is due and make sure to add any allergies or special food requests. www.mealtrain.com
Salve. Because mama should be putting this everywhere! and we mean everywhere! ;) Also, great for baby and the rest of the family. And unlike most salves, this salve also has essential oils of lavender, rosemary, tea tree, and peppermint so not only is it great for healing and skin discomfort, but it smells amazing!!! ((We have become obsessed with this stuff! I keep mine right next to my bed and use it as foot cream, chapstick....everything! It's seriously so good.))
- The families favorite chocolate, desert, or healthy snacks! Think granola bars and fruit, whatever is easy for mama to turn to when she needs something quick.
- A photo session! Most photographers will let you pay for a session advance so you can give this as a gift. Some moms may already have newborn pictures set up and this case they could use the session later when the baby gets a little older. If the mama does not have newborn pictures already set up, then this gift will be GOLD! (if you are local to Fayetteville - one of our favorites is Hutch & Futch Photography for newborn pictures))
- Kombucha or a case of water! Momma needs to stay hydrated, so bring over some fun non-caffeinated drinks to help her out.
C-Mama Healing Salve. If mama is recovering from a C-section then bring her this salve. This revolutionary, clinically tested, organic healing balm was created with 100% natural and organic ingredients rich in Vitamin C, essential fatty acids and amino acids – all nutrients necessary for proper cell regeneration and wound repair. Formulated especially for cesarean section and other surgical wounds, old c-section scars and stretch marks, and inflamed rashes and burns. Wonderful things come in small packages, and even applying three times a day as recommended this 1 fl. oz. jar will last a long time.
New Mama Bottom Spray. Best-selling New Mama Bottom Spray is a cooling, soothing perineal mist that helps ease discomfort of postpartum vaginal soreness and swelling, episiotomies and hemorrhoids. Made with all-natural ingredients, including astringent witch hazel, antibacterial lavender, and cooling peppermint pure essential oils. This is the product that we get the most feedback from. New mamas love it! Share a little relief with this gift.
- Nipple Cream: For nursing mothers to heal sore, cracked nipples. Try this boob loob - It is made with a small amount of fennel for hormone stimulation which may help with milk supply. It is NOT necessary to wash off before feeding!
- Some essential oil blends- especially if its designed to calm everyone down. Try the sleepy baby blend here.
Postpartum bath herbs. These are for mama AND baby to enjoy together!
- Offer to help write thank you cards!!
- Gift Cards! A cleaning service, mani/pedi, massage or a Little Movement shop gift card!
- Tea! Give her some of your favorite tea or select a blend for new mamas. Our organic monthly comfort tea is great for postpartum mamas and creating comfort for those cramps after birth. Or the organic milkmaid tea is also great for newly nursing mamas!
Have more ideas? Share them in the comments below!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.